BranD 60 – No. 9 Storm
BranD Magazine is tailored for both established and emerging Design professionals around the world. This is BranD 60 – No. 9 Storm.
BranD 60 – No. 9 Storm | Anniversary Issue
BranD 60 – No. 9 Storm | Since 2012, BranD has walked through an inspirational journey of design with readers for 9 years. Issue 60 happens to be the last issue of 2021, and it is a good conclusion to the nine-year history of the editorial department. We are looking forward to a storm—more intense changes that can cut off all our old ideas and reconstruct a brand-new connection with the outside world. Therefore, in the 9th anniversary of BranD, we pick “No. 9 Storm” as the theme for Issue 60.
In this issue, we not only pay homage to 38 globally renowned designers and share their unique design philosophies and methods, but also invite 9 emerging designers or design studios from 8 different countries to discuss the future of design together. We hope to explore how a work is created and built within the process of stimulation, destruction and reconstruction. The readers can appreciate the classic designs while observing the most avant-garde trend in the design field currently. Let’s jump into the universe to talk with the greatest historical personages; fly toward the eye of storm to feel the crazy charms brought by design storm! If 10 years old represents a mature adult, BranD will always be a 9-year-old child. With childlike eyes, we will go on exploring the world wildly, unrestrainedly, sincerely, emotionally and simply. We will look forward to the New Year like a child, and run in the storm like a child. In the coming future, please feel free to give us more suggestions!
The selling points of this issue:
1. BranD exclusively invited the Canadian illustrator Mike Haddad, who has worked on editorial illustrations for The New York Times, to paint the portraits for 15 great men who influenced the publication industry and even the world. Mike Haddad presented the familiar faces in a whole new way with rich details and creative lines. Moreover, BranD has conversations across time and space with these 15 celebrities, and sets a special module to reveal the unknown B-side of them.
2. The 9 emerging designers or design studios from China, South Korea, Japan, Australia, Argentina, Spain, Hungary and Mexico discuss together the future trend and essential skills that should be mastered in design industry. In this part, we provides readers with numerous latest design works to observe the most cutting-edge trends and styles currently.
3. 28 renowned design masters such as Kazumasa Nagai, Tadanori Yokoo, Yoshihisa Shirai, Paul Cox, Kashiwa Sato, Kazunari Hattori, Katsumi Asaba and Kenya Hara who have collaborated with BranD before make an encore in this issue! They share their creation muses, studio corners, B-side lives and commercial collaboration, as well as their exclusive design philosophies. What you would like to know about design, BranD all includes in this issue!
4. Exclusive interview: Rick Fraterman is a Netherland artist who was granted the title of “Emerging Artists” by the Mondriaan Fund. His artworks are bright and lively, with the sense of pop and bizarre, leaving deep impression to viewers. In the interview, he shares his creation concepts and thoughts with us and hopes to inspire the design lovers in another way.
5. In this special issue, BranD includes around 110 works in various styles and mediums, from the classic masterpieces to the most avant-garde works currently, and many of which are lately created. BranD hopes to track how the design industry changed in the past nine years? How the traditional elements and emerging technologies develop together?
6. The unique and rich book design is the special DNA of BranD, which could always surprise the readers. In the 9th anniversary issue, we specially include key elements of all the 60 magazines from BranD since it was established in 2012, via the form of gate-fold page and insert page to show an illustrated handbook of a design magazine.
7. The 9th anniversary issue of BranD especially uses the fluorescent PVC cover, through the theory of translucent, two different colors create two visual effects as thrilling as a storm. The cover is specially customized with foil stamping and embossing technology, together with fluorescent colors, to create a visual bomb to light up your 2022!
8. Each magazine comes with a storm-shaped card, which can be used as a bookmark or a decorative picture to make a “private storm” at home.