Upstate Diary 8 – Home is where the Art is
Upstate Diary 8 is featuring:
– Mickalene Thomas, the contemporary African American artist, makes a splash with her muse in her country hideaway.
– Brice Marden paints poetry – a rare moment with the artist.
– Donald Judd’s Casa Perez, Marfa TX – the little publicized home documented by his son Flavin Judd from an intimate perspective.
– Mary McCartney, daughter of Paul, a breathtaking essay on her close relationship with her horse and the making of The White Horse.
– Gallerist Sean Kelly, let’s check out his amazing compound and art collection situated on a mountain top.
– Georgie Hopton’s London home made the cover on World of Interiors Oct. ‘17, we visit her magical country place she shares with husband and artist Gary Hume.
and much more…
Upstate Diary checks out the private worlds of very cool artists — creators with lifestyles close to nature. Come on inside, we look at country living in a whole new way.
Biannual / 21x 28 cm / Perfect binding / 112 p / Off-set printing.
Past Features: Terry Jones, Laurie Simmons, Steven Holl, Victoria Bartlett, Paul Rudolph, Alexander Calder, Marilyn Minter, Gregory Crewdson, Glenn O’Brien, Joan Juliet Buck, Vladimir Ossipoff, Carrie Mae Weems, Olaf Breuning, Melissa Auf Der Maur, Terrence Koh, Griffin Dunne, Ruth Reichl, Duncan Hannah, Roger Ross Williams, Jack Shainman, Nicola Tyson, Arlene Shechet, Scott Spencer, Paolo Soleri, Zac Posen, Starn Twins, Annabelle Selldorf, Diana Vreeland, Kathy Ruttenberg, Sebastian Faena and more. Dive in & be inspired!